1) Integrity -- Integrity demands honesty and candor which must not be subordinated to personal gain and advantage. JSFA will always place the client’s best interest first.
2) Objectivity -- Objectivity requires intellectual honesty and impartiality. JSFA will strive to act in an impartial manner presenting our findings and recommendations in a fair and unbiased manner.
3) Competence -- One is competent only when he or she has attained and maintained an adequate level of knowledge and skill, and applies that knowledge effectively in providing services to clients. Competence also includes the wisdom to recognize the limitations of that knowledge and when consultation or client referral is appropriate. JSFA is committed to proactive learning and cooperation with other professionals.
4) Fairness -- Fairness requires impartiality, intellectual honesty and disclosure of conflict(s) of interest. It involves a subordination of one’s own feelings, prejudices and desires so as to achieve a proper balance of conflicting interests. JSFA will clearly indicate where conflicts or potential conflicts may arise.
5) Confidentiality -- A client, by seeking the services of JSFA, may be interested in creating a relationship of personal trust and confidence with the CFP Board designee. This type of relationship can only be built upon the understanding that information supplied to the CFP Board designee will be confidential.
6) Professionalism – All employees of JSFA have the responsibility to behave with dignity and courtesy to all those who seek to or use our services, fellow professionals, and those in related professions.
7) Diligence -- Diligence is the provision of services in a reasonably prompt and thorough manner. Diligence also includes proper planning for, and supervision of, the rendering of professional services. JSFA is committed to providing a high level of service to its clients